This is to inform all interested female undergraduate students that the nwag – (Nigerian Women Association of Georgia ) scholarship application has commenced for the 2018 session.
ABOUT THE NWAG Female Undergraduate Scholarship
Nigeria Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) is a nonprofit organization registered in Atlanta Georgia, founded in the year 2000, and now in its 18th year of service in the local community of Atlanta Georgia, as well in our home country of Nigeria.
Their Mission to empower women, youth and children through our various initiatives, programs and fundraising efforts has helped us achieve the following milestones:
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (also known as “NWAG ”) was established in 2000 by Mrs. Dayo Keshi, the then Consul General’s wife.
NWAG are a Atlanta Georgia based non-profit organization whose goal it is to empower youth, women and children in their home country of Nigeria and their adopted community in the United States.
ELIGIBILITY FOR NWAG SCHOLARSHIP
Please ensure that you meet these entry criteria before applying:
- Citizen or resident of Nigeria
- Currently studying towards an undergraduate course at Nigerian tertiary institution or university
HOW TO APPLY FOR NWAG SCHOLARSHIP
Download the NWAG Scholarship Application Form (pdf) or the NWAG Scholarship Application Form (docx) on the official NWAG website: http://www.nwag.org
Attach the documents listed below with your application form:
- 1 x photocopy of your university student identification card
- 1 x recent photograph of yourself
- 1 x Recommendation Letter from: the Head of Department or Dean of your Faculty/ School
- 1 x Recommendation Letters from: one of your Lecturers/ Local Government Chairperson/ Village Head/ Pastor at your Church/ Imam at your Mosque
- Proof of State of Origin: letter written by your local government office or Letter of Origination from the university
- Brief explanation explaining why you should be awarded the scholarship (maximum of half a typed page)
- Essay (typed, with double spacing, maximum of 2 pages), on the following topic: “Women are marginalized in leadership positions in Nigeria. Position yourself as a woman activist and propose how you can advocate for women rights in government positions, challenge early/child marriage and gender discrimination”
Completed application forms and documents must be submitted via:
1) Email: email@example.com
With the email subject line: Applicant Name and State of Origin.
(in PDF/ Word format only)
2) Post/ Mail:
P.O. Box 14542
31 May 2018.
For any queries, please contact:
Nigerian Women Association of Georgia
Tel: 770 496 4380