Application For MTN Foundation Scholarship For Science &a Technology Student 2017/2018 is on going.
The MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship scheme seeks to attract high performing full time second year students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics and colleges of education) in Nigeria. The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
A maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology related courses are awarded the scholarship which covers tuition, book allowance and stipends. The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation for existing awardees provided they have maintained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit) while new applications, when advertised, are welcome from full time students in their second year of study.
Since 2010, over 5,000 scholarships have been awarded. The scholarships, awarded on an annual basis, is worth N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira). This covers tuition, book allowances and living allowances for one academic year.
1. Applicant must be a 3rd year student from Public Tertiary Institution with 3.5 CGPA or its equivalent Second Class Upper.
2. HND students with a minimum of 3.0 CGPA (Upper Credits at their OND programme)
N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand naira) covering tuition, text books allowance and stipend.
Only Students offering the courses listed below can apply
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, October 9th 2017
How to Apply
If you are interested, click on this link to register now
Candidates are required to upload a copy of their recent passport photograph (maximum file size of 600kb)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and MTNF bears sole responsibility for final selection of successful beneficiaries.