Google announced a partnership with Andela and Udacity to provide 15,000 “single-course” scholarships and 500 nano degree scholarships to aspiring developers in Africa through the Google Africa Scholarship Program.
In partnership with @udacity and @Andela we will be providing 15 000 scholarships to developers in Africa. This is part of our commitment to the developer ecosystem in Africa. #LaunchpadAfrica pic.twitter.com/poYWZZFeaV
— Google in Africa (@googleafrica) March 19, 2018
- You need to be at least 18 years old.
- Must be a resident of a country in Africa.
- Learn valuable skills to launch or advance your career as a mobile or web developer.
- Master world-class curriculum developed with experts from Google and Udacity.
- Join a rapidly growing community of mobile and web developers.
- Applications Due: April 24, 2018
- Recipients notified: May 2, 2018
- Recipients begin program: May 8, 2018
How to Apply.
The application is straightforward and should take 10-15 minutes. There is a single application for all, whether you’re interested in Mobile or Web, and whether you’re a beginner or already have experience.
When applying, you will choose between learning web development or Android development. From there, once you’re accepted, they’ll place you in one of two tracks (beginner or intermediate), depending on your existing skills and experience. After that, the learning begins! Some scholarship recipients may be able to participate in an Andela Learning Community with our partners from Andela.
Finally, top students from each track will earn full scholarships to one of our Android or Web Development Nanodegree programs.
Answer what you can, to the best of your ability, and they’ll do the rest!