We have received requests from users to confirm if the NNPC/TOTAL Undergraduate scholarship application for 2018 has started. As at the time of compiling this article, the information is untrue. Applications for nnpc/total undergraduate scholarship 2018 has not started. Once application commences, we will surely notify you. Disregard any information about NNPC/TOTAL undergraduate scholarship application from bloggers who do not verify information before making it publicly available.
I wrote the NNPC/TOTAL Scholarship exam in my 200Level but I was not successful because I lacked the information that I will give you in this article. The aim of preparing this post is to adequately prepare you for the 2018 nnpc/total undergraduate scholarship as an added bonus, you will be 80% sure that you will win the scholarship. Only 233 students were awarded in the year 2017, the extra info you need to be among the winners is embedded in this article. Read to the end.
The nnpc/total is one of the most competitive scholarships in Nigeria and also among the high paying scholarships, They pay NGN150,000 annually (PTDF pays #400,000+ annually, click here to see how to apply for ptdf worth 400K), so I endulge you to sit back and read this article till the end.
The following sections will be treated.
- What are the test sections
- How do you apply for the nnpc/total scholarship
- Eligibility and requirements
- Application link
Test Sections for NNPC/TOTAL Undergraduate Scholarship?
Note nnpc/total undergraduate scholarship exam questions are not like the conventional scholarship aptitude test questions. Note also that the exam is hand written with no calculator. Infact we have reasons to believe that their exams are set by waec(West African Examination Council), you will find out that their exams are in the following sections:
- English language
- General knowledge
- Current affairs
The mathematics section is usually tough because you are examined on a lot of things you might probably have forgotten in your 200level. For instance,
- Bearing and angular measurement
- Probability and Set theorems
- Permutations etc
The English language section comprises of the usual antonyms and synonyms, verbs, word usage etc.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NNPC/TOTAL SCHOLARSHIP
1. Personal Information: Enter your name, date of birth and permanent home address Upload your recent passport photograph.
2. Contact Information: Enter your email and mobile phone information. Only use an active email and mobile phone number.
3. Origin: Enter your state and local government of origin data. You are required to upload a certificate or proof of origin from your local government or state.
4. University Information: Select your university, course and year of study. You will be required to upload your JAMB/University admission letter.
5. Result Information: Input your JAMB score or CPGA. You are required to upload your JAMB statement of result and university CPGA. For year two medical students, your JAMB score suffices.
6. Review Application: Review your application ensure all fields have been correctly entered. Upload all the documents required:
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Certificate or Proof of Origin
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE)
- UTME result
- JAMB/University Admission Letter
- 1st Year Result showing CGPA
7. Conclusion: Attest that all info given is true. Accept terms and condition. On screen alert will confirm that you have successfully completed the application. You will receive an email to confirm this too.
Requirements and Eligibility
To be able to apply for nnpc / total scholarship, the candidate must:
- Be a Registered FULL TIME undergraduate in a recognized Nigerian University
- Be a certified 100 or 200 level student at the time of application
- Show proof of SSCE or Equivalent Certificate.
- Show proof of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) score.
- Show proof of Admission letter from the University and Matriculation Number
- Show proof of A-level or Equivalent Certificate (for direct entry students)
- Students with less than 200 score in UTME need not apply
- Students with less than 2.50 CGPA of 5-point scale, or equivalent
- 300 level students and above need not apply
- Current beneficiaries of similar awards from any other Company or Government Agency need not apply
Conditions for NNPC Total Scholarship award
1.1 Criteria / Rules for Award:
- The CSR-Education Department, TUCN implements the National Merit Scholarship program in line with approved Procedure
- The National Merit Scholarship Award Scheme is an educational assistance for undergraduate students in recognized Nigeria universities
- All matriculated undergraduate regular students in their first or second year of study in recognized Nigerian universities are eligible to apply for the scholarship tests
- All candidates must supply their matriculation numbers and other relevant information from their Universities to be eligible for the award
- No scholarship is awarded to students on part time/sandwich programs
- The award is made to only those who are not holding similar scholarships from the industry
- The award is based on the result of a selection test to be administered by a National Examination body (WAEC or its equivalent)
- The award is effective for the current session of award but renewable for the remaining duration of the students’ program
- The award is only renewable upon the presentation of academic performance of a CGPA of not less than 2.5 on a 5 point scale or equivalent (e.g 50% of a 4 or 7 point scale), obtained in the previous academic session
- All awardees shall open an account in a Nigerian bank in their own name through which the scholarship payments shall be made. No awardee shall be paid in cash
1.2 General Requirements:
- The call for submission of applications is publicized in the national dailies. It is also be online on Total website as well as on the Company Intranet
- All Scholarship awards are by merit selection after the intending beneficiary has presented himself/herself, sat for and passed the selection tests at the designated centres across the Country
- The application process is online
- A national Examination body administers, conducts and marks the selection examination and provides the tests results in a secure environment
- Selection tests is annual for that current academic session
- Student verification exercise is carried out from time to time students on the scheme.
- An Award letter signed by the Deputy Managing Director, DMD, of TUCN is the sole evidence of commitment of TUCN to the awardee. The beneficiary must return a fully signed Acceptance Form committing him/her to the regulations guiding the National Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Payment of the award is strictly into the beneficiary’s personal bank account. The first payments shall be made within two months of the award while the subsequent payments shall be upon receipt of annual school result of beneficiary.
- Beneficiaries are strictly first or second year students of tertiary institutions and must have completed all admission processes and have obtained duly signed university Admission/Offer Letter and/or Student Matriculation number
- No changes in the course of study, the location of study or the duration of course is entertained during the life of the National Merit Scholarship award. Any such change must be communicated in a written application and reviewed on its merit
- The National Merit Scholarship award is non-transferable and non-extendable. It is not a future Engagement Contract neither is any student under any Bond with the Company during or after the period of award
1.3 General Procedure:
- An advertisement in the national newspapers and online shall kick start the process, calling prospective candidates to submit their applications. A nominal 4-week period is allowed for submission of applications
- Award letters are issued upon approval. Successful candidates must acknowledge and commit to the rules guiding the scheme
- Due diligence is carried out on the successful candidates to confirm all their data including student data and bank account details
- The successful candidates’ profiles are captured in the database
- An induction program may be organised for the new awardees to further highlight and enlighten them on the conditions of the scheme
- Payment are processed for the awardees in line with approved procedure
1.4 Scholarship Rates / Amount:
The following amount shall apply to the National Merit Scholarships Scheme
|S/N||Scholarship Level||Amount (N)|
|1||Tertiary Student||N150,000 per Student per Academic Year|